Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

The idea that I had for a business is a gym in which it is a 24-hour fitness type gym but there is also Jiu Jitsu classes that are offered for free with the membership. It's a pretty simple idea but it is pretty much just combining two different businesses that I love into one. There are already Jiu Jitsu gyms that have weights and gym equipment but my idea is for it to be a large facility gym with a fee of $50 a month and an additional $30 a month for Jiu Jitsu classes. The Jiu Jitsu classes would be run in a large room when you come into the gym where people can walk by seeing everyone roll which would make more people want to sign up and try it out. 

Growing up in San Diego I did Jiu Jitsu growing up from the ages 7-19 and it quickly became my favorite fitness activity by far. It opened up my love for martial arts and caused for my favorite sport to keep up with being MMA. Once I got to high school I began lifting a little bit of weights and it become an activity I also enjoy and luckily for me my dad has a full gym in the garage. But when I lived away from home for a year and had to sign up for a gym and all I can remember was thinking how cool it would've been if the gym had Jiu Jitsu classes with high level instructors. So this is when the idea came to me that the combination of the two would be a great idea. 

I think that this is something that will start becoming a thing in the future and the only reason that it hasn't yet is because Jiu Jitsu is still a relatively new sport to America and still growing a lot with it's largest amount of gyms being in San Diego. I believe that with the rise of the UFC more and more people will begin learning martial arts in hopes of learning self-defense and Jiu Jitsu is one of the best forms of this. I think that once the sport has grown enough in other areas of the U.S. that people will begin bringing in Jiu Jitsu instructors for side classes which will eventually lead to full on Jiu Jitsu classes. 

I think that promoting a business like this and creating as much growth possible would be simple and while it would be largely based on social media a large part would also be word of mouth. People would begin spreading the word of a really high level gym with all the equipment needed and Jiu Jitsu classes constantly running. Then when people begin to research online or on social media, they would find a website promoting the business and instagram and facebook accounts all promoting the business.

Overall I think this is a great idea and something that if I don't end up doing in the future, hopefully someone else will. I have been wanting to start doing Jiu Jitsu again and I think it would be so cool if there was a full on gym that came with it that had all the equipment needed to gain strength and cardio. I believe that it would be an extremely successful business and more people would fall in love with Jiu Jitsu and training in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

The idea that I had for a business is a gym in which it is a 24-hour fitness type gym but there is also Jiu Jitsu classes that are offered f...