Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

The websites that I chose that I thought were poorly designed included the website http://gatesnfences.com/.  Now the reason that I personally disapprove with the way this website was created is because everything seems to be all over the place. The goal of the website is to build people gates and fences around their homes but when I originally clicked on the website I had no idea what it was for. I think it's important for a website to be very clear what its purpose is for. You should be able to click on the website and know what it is within seconds just from the title. This website seems to have everything all over the place and it seems to be very unorganized. I think that the website needs to do a better job of keeping the end user in mind and make sure that they make things clear on their website. I think overall the biggest thing they can fix is simply organizing where everything should go better. A good website shouldn't mean the customer is looking everywhere for something they need. It should be right there in front of them when they click on it. Another website I thought could do a much better job was http://www.roverp6cars.com/. The website sells car parts but similar to the other one, is extremely unorganized. You click on the website and it seems like it's a fake scam and isn't legit. I think they could learn something from other car websites because most of them do a great job. Similar to the other website you should be able to click on the website, feel that it is legit and find whatever it is you need to within seconds. But this website requires searching around to even understand what it is. 

Now some websites that I thought did a great job included one of them being https://artcenter.org/. It basically tells you when there are art shows in Escondido and the dates of each show and what kind of show it is. Now the reason I enjoyed the way this website was created was because it was extremely clear to me what the purpose was when I clicked on it. It has a big creative title that grabs us in and then everything else from there is quite obvious. It tells you dates of shows coming up and allows you to easily purchase tickets. Another website I enjoyed when I clicked on was https://www.apple.com/. Apple seems to be a website that other websites need to look at for inspiration. You click on the website and everything is right in front of you. It has all of the phone, computer, watches, tv, etc right there for you and a large title on the front advertising whatever their latest product is. I think this is perfect when it comes to how a website is designed and other websites should really take from them.

Overall I think it's really important to do an activity as we just did to look at how a well designed website looks and how a poorly designed one looks. I think for a lot of them it is quite obvious what's wrong with the website right away. And when it's a good website it's also very apparent right away. A well designed website has its purpose right when you open it with no confusion. It has slides on the top or side that gives you all of the options you will need and everything's basically right in front of you. Opposed to a poorly designed website that seems sketchy when you click on and you have no idea what the website is for. Or you can understand what it is but you can't find the options you need to. I think organization is the biggest factor for the websites and just making sure everything is clear and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

The idea that I had for a business is a gym in which it is a 24-hour fitness type gym but there is also Jiu Jitsu classes that are offered f...