Thursday, September 1, 2022

Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

     When looking at how businesses are run these days compared to how they were run 30 years ago is a pretty crazy concept. The biggest change would be the incorporation of social media and the internet that businesses have used to increase their growth to the maximum degree. Social media has allowed businesses to reach out to so many more people than they ever could have prior to its existence. The internet has been one of the powerful things for a business and one of the biggest examples is a company like Amazon. I can recall being a young child and only knowing Amazon to be a book company and when the internet became bigger and phones and I-pods were massive they created the kindle. The company has since evolved into one of the biggest companies of all time and changed into anything anyone needs because of the internet. 

    It is insane to think about how much the internet has allowed businesses to grow, expand and evolve as much as it has. With Amazon just being an extreme case there are so many smaller cases that have worked in a similar fashion. The internet and social media allows these businesses to expand across the entire world and allow for anyone anywhere to learn about it depending on what it is. When I researched a business I decided to look up Vuori Clothing because it started right down the street from my house in Encinitas, CA and it makes me curious how they are doing according to the internet. It's a company that began in inspiration of Lulu with the intention in the beginning of being meant for Men. But has since evolved into a similar company as Lulu but is much less available outside of California. 

    So when I researched Vuori on Yelp it gave me many reviews to look over and see how people feel about the clothing and company overall. Most of what I read was fairly positive and it seems like people really enjoy their company. It's so interesting to read what people write when they create a Yelp review because no one is forcing them to write the review so it is usually accurate to how the person is feeling. I myself have never been one to write a review on a business unless they personally asked me to in which I always write a kind note. But when I read people's positive or negative comments I find it very interesting and feel that regardless of whether they are positive or negative it is usually a good thing to have a lot of reviews. 

    I also feel that the reviews can be very important to a business because they can look at the positive comments and appreciate the great work that they have accomplished and look at the negative comments to see where they can improve their business. If a business constantly finds similar reviews about something negative with your business then that is a great way of being informed to help better your company. That is how I would treat comments if I were running a business. I would always be looking for a way to better the business and if there was a consistent amount of negative comments regarding my business then that could be a sign to make changes depending on what it is. I decided to comment on the Yelp on Vuori since I very much enjoy their clothing and simply wrote kind words regarding how much I enjoy their brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

The idea that I had for a business is a gym in which it is a 24-hour fitness type gym but there is also Jiu Jitsu classes that are offered f...